I’m putting this here, because I know there are people who care who are reading it, and it’s easier than 140 characters at a time. Speaking of which, though, I’ve got a pretty amazing support circle on kinky Twitter, to whom I am truly grateful. And even moreso to family and long-time friends (you know who you are).
My physical capacity took a sharp downturn earlier this week. Tuesday pm and Wednesday, I was effectively bedridden. I could get up to manage the bathroom, but not much more. Today looks to be no better.
Yesterday, I couldn’t get in to see my internist, but I got the go-ahead to go to the ER. I was eventually sent home, after several contradictory messages about whether I’d be admitted. Upshot:
- 11+ hours in the ER, 10 of them without food or drink
- Cervical spine CT — unremarkable
- Cervical spine MRI — unremarkable
- Bloodwork — unremarkable
- Doctors — baffled but not admitting it
- Some of the scariest stuff — ruled out
- Upcoming appointment with the neurologist who saw me in the ER (which I’ll call later this morning to schedule)
- Still most supportive partner imaginable
Long damned day. But Jalan makes it possible to cope.
More tests are scheduled Monday, and I’ll try to get to see the internist again, too. Meanwhile, the bedridden thing for three more days, most likely.
I’m not a praying type, but I have no objection whatsoever to anyone including whatever form of positive thoughts for me they see fit. Thanks, my friends.